Friday, August 19, 2011

Reagan

Dearest Reagan,

It' been almost 8 years since we got to bring you home from the hospital. I had to fight to keep you safe, in my tummy. Little did I know, I was getting a glimpse of your personality. But you were worth every moment on bed rest, every moment of medication that made me jumpy. You entered the world curious & ready to go. You are the middle son & brother & you are perfect for that role in life. God did well putting you in that spot. Here are just a few things that I love about you:

1. You are the first person up & always happy in the mornings.

2. You were born to run & play. Your body is lean & your athletic ability is awesome to watch.

3. As much as it scares me, your quiet strength & fearlessness is one of my favorite things about you.

4. You are the child that always reminds your brothers to pray before they eat.

5. I love the way you NEVER give up. On anything. You will fall 50 times & get up again & again.   And try just as hard. It is AMAZING to see!!

6. Your sensitivity is a gift. Sometimes I do worry that you get taken advantage of. I take comfort in knowing the Meek shall inherit the earth.

7. I LOVE your SPIRIT. Your heart is full of love for everyone you meet.  You hug everyone & tell them you love them all the time.

8. You are brave. You will try anything at least once.

9. Your fashion sense is so FUN! You care about how you look, what you wear & have fun with it. I love shopping w/ you!!

10. You are so very smart!

11. I love that you love to READ. You always have a book. Trust me, this will serve you well!!

12. You have the coolest hair. It's thick, full & blond. Makes for awesome Mohawks.

13. You put others needs ahead of yours a lot. To be honest, sometimes I wish you would be a little selfish. But that isn't you.

You are the perfect mix of so many things. I will never forget earlier this year when your baseball coaches spoke about you. At first I didn't understand where they were going w/ this speech, but then I understood. "This kid never gave up. In the dugout he was encouraging & always had nice things to say to everyone. He surprised both of us & we weren't prepared at how attached we grew to him. We will miss him.I personally will never forget how he would run off the field win or lose & give me the biggest hug. It doesn't matter how good he is at baseball because he has a big heart." This IS YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment